Triangular color code
A planar color code defined on a trivalent lattice, typically the honeycomb or 4-8-8 (square octagon) lattice. Each boundary of the triangle intersects the lattice such that it only touches faces of two colors. The color of the boundary is then the other third color.
There are three types of boundaries corresponding to the three colors of the faces . There are also three types of string operators, one for each color. A string of one color must end in a boundary of that same color.
Code Capacity Threshold
- \(A_2\) hexagonal lattice code — The triangular color code is defined on a trivalent lattice such as the honeycomb lattice.
- H. Bombin and M. A. Martin-Delgado, “Topological Quantum Distillation”, Physical Review Letters 97, (2006) arXiv:quant-ph/0605138 DOI
- H. Bombin, “Gauge Color Codes: Optimal Transversal Gates and Gauge Fixing in Topological Stabilizer Codes”, (2015) arXiv:1311.0879
- A. J. Landahl and C. Ryan-Anderson, “Quantum computing by color-code lattice surgery”, (2014) arXiv:1407.5103
- C. Chamberland et al., “Triangular color codes on trivalent graphs with flag qubits”, New Journal of Physics 22, 023019 (2020) arXiv:1911.00355 DOI
- N. Delfosse, “Decoding color codes by projection onto surface codes”, Physical Review A 89, (2014) arXiv:1308.6207 DOI
- N. Maskara, A. Kubica, and T. Jochym-O’Connor, “Advantages of versatile neural-network decoding for topological codes”, Physical Review A 99, (2019) arXiv:1802.08680 DOI
- P. Parrado-Rodríguez, M. Rispler, and M. Müller, “Rescaling decoder for two-dimensional topological quantum color codes on 4.8.8 lattices”, Physical Review A 106, (2022) arXiv:2112.09584 DOI
- H. M. Solanki and P. K. Sarvepalli, “Decoding Topological Subsystem Color Codes Over the Erasure Channel using Gauge Fixing”, (2022) arXiv:2111.14594
- H. M. Solanki and P. Kiran Sarvepalli, “Correcting Erasures with Topological Subsystem Color Codes”, 2020 IEEE Information Theory Workshop (ITW) (2021) DOI
- M. S. Kesselring et al., “Anyon condensation and the color code”, (2022) arXiv:2212.00042
- R. S. Gupta et al., “Encoding a magic state with beyond break-even fidelity”, (2023) arXiv:2305.13581
“Triangular color code”, The Error Correction Zoo (V. V. Albert & P. Faist, eds.), 2023. https://errorcorrectionzoo.org/c/triangular_color