A variant of Kitaev's surface code on a 3D lattice.
- Color code — Color code is equivalent to surface code in several ways . For example, the color code on a \(D\)-dimensional closed manifold is equivalent to multiple decoupled copies of the \(D-1\)-dimensional surface code.
- Self-correcting quantum code — The 3D welded solid code is partially self-correcting with a power-law energy barrier .
Zoo code information
- K. P. Michnicki, “3D Topological Quantum Memory with a Power-Law Energy Barrier”, Physical Review Letters 113, (2014). DOI; 1406.4227
- A. Kubica, B. Yoshida, and F. Pastawski, “Unfolding the color code”, New Journal of Physics 17, 083026 (2015). DOI; 1503.02065
- Arun B. Aloshious, Arjun Nitin Bhagoji, and Pradeep Kiran Sarvepalli, “On the Local Equivalence of 2D Color Codes and Surface Codes with Applications”. 1804.00866
“Solid code”, The Error Correction Zoo (V. V. Albert & P. Faist, eds.), 2022. https://errorcorrectionzoo.org/c/3d_surface