A block quantum code admitting a fault-tolerant error-correcting protocol against noisy syndrome measurements that requires a number of error-correcting rounds that is independent of the number of subsystems \(n\).
- 3D subsystem surface code — The 3D subsystem surface code is a single-shot code .
- Generalized bicycle (GB) code — In some GB error-correcting schemes, localized syndrome measurement errors only give rise to localized errors in the correction stage. Then, a single round of measurements is enough, and fault-tolerant error correction is quantum-local .
- H. Bombín, “Single-Shot Fault-Tolerant Quantum Error Correction”, Physical Review X 5, (2015) arXiv:1404.5504 DOI
- A. Kubica and M. Vasmer, “Single-shot quantum error correction with the three-dimensional subsystem toric code”, Nature Communications 13, (2022) arXiv:2106.02621 DOI
Page edit log
- Victor V. Albert (2023-05-02) — most recent
“Single-shot code”, The Error Correction Zoo (V. V. Albert & P. Faist, eds.), 2023. https://errorcorrectionzoo.org/c/single_shot