An LDPC code whose parity-check matrix has a variable number of entries in each row or column.
Nearly achieve capacity against binary-input additive Gaussian white noise using iterative decoding [3,4]. Such sequences have sublinearly growing distance per block length .
Satellite communication after concatenating with a modulation scheme .
- Multi-edge LDPC code — Irregular LDPC codes can be formulated as multi-edge LDPC codes [9; Sec. XI].
- Multi-edge LDPC code — The multi-edge code construction generalizes generalizes several of the original examples of irregular LDPC codes.
- M. G. Luby et al., “Improved low-density parity-check codes using irregular graphs”, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 47, 585 (2001) DOI
- M. G. Luby et al., “Practical loss-resilient codes”, Proceedings of the twenty-ninth annual ACM symposium on Theory of computing - STOC ’97 (1997) DOI
- T. J. Richardson, M. A. Shokrollahi, and R. L. Urbanke, “Design of capacity-approaching irregular low-density parity-check codes”, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 47, 619 (2001) DOI
- Sae-Young Chung et al., “On the design of low-density parity-check codes within 0.0045 dB of the Shannon limit”, IEEE Communications Letters 5, 58 (2001) DOI
- C. Di, T. J. Richardson, and R. L. Urbanke, “Weight Distribution of Low-Density Parity-Check Codes”, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 52, 4839 (2006) DOI
- S. ten Brink, G. Kramer, and A. Ashikhmin, “Design of Low-Density Parity-Check Codes for Modulation and Detection”, IEEE Transactions on Communications 52, 670 (2004) DOI
- Sae-Young Chung, T. J. Richardson, and R. L. Urbanke, “Analysis of sum-product decoding of low-density parity-check codes using a Gaussian approximation”, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 47, 657 (2001) DOI
- R. Urbanke, LdpcOpt - a fast and accurate degree distribution optimizer for LDPC code ensembles (2001).
- Richardson, Tom, and Rüdiger Urbanke. "Multi-edge type LDPC codes." Workshop honoring Prof. Bob McEliece on his 60th birthday, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California. 2002.
Page edit log
- Victor V. Albert (2023-05-04) — most recent
“Irregular LDPC code”, The Error Correction Zoo (V. V. Albert & P. Faist, eds.), 2023. https://errorcorrectionzoo.org/c/irregular_ldpc