Designed to encode information into spatial nodes such that it is possible to recover said information after failure of some nodes by accessing the remaining nodes with minimal bandwidth. Stub.
- Fountain code — There are proposals  adapting fountain codes to distributed storage systems.
- Generalized RS (GRS) code — GRS codes are used in various cloud storage systems .
- M. Asteris and A. G. Dimakis, “Repairable Fountain Codes”, (2014) arXiv:1401.0734
- M. G. Luby et al., “Liquid Cloud Storage”, (2017) arXiv:1705.07983
- H. Dau et al., “Repairing Reed-Solomon Codes With Multiple Erasures”, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 64, 6567 (2018) arXiv:1612.01361 DOI
Page edit log
- Victor V. Albert (2022-03-22) — most recent
“Distributed-storage code”, The Error Correction Zoo (V. V. Albert & P. Faist, eds.), 2022. https://errorcorrectionzoo.org/c/distributed_storage