Hastings-Haah Floquet code
DA code whose sequence of check-operator measurements is periodic.
Protects against single-qubit Pauli noise and check operator measurement errors.
Floquet codes on tri-colorable lattices can be made fault-tolerant in the presence of dead qubits .
- Dynamical automorphism (DA) code — Floquet codes are DA codes with periodic measurement sequences.
- Subsystem qubit stabilizer code — This code can be viewed as a subsystem stabilizer code, albeit one with less logical qubits.
- Monitored random-circuit code — Both Floquet and monitored random circuit codes can have an instantaneous stabilizer group which evolves through unitary evolution and measurements. However, Floquet codewords are generated via a specific sequence of measurements, while random-circuit codes maintain a stabilizer group after any measurement. Floquet codes have the additional capability of detecting errors induced during the measurement process; see Appx. A of Ref. .
- Majorana stabilizer code — Floquet codes are viable candidates for storage in Majorana-qubit devices .
- M. B. Hastings and J. Haah, “Dynamically Generated Logical Qubits”, Quantum 5, 564 (2021) arXiv:2107.02194 DOI
- D. Aasen et al., “Fault-Tolerant Hastings-Haah Codes in the Presence of Dead Qubits”, (2023) arXiv:2307.03715
- A. Paetznick et al., “Performance of Planar Floquet Codes with Majorana-Based Qubits”, PRX Quantum 4, (2023) arXiv:2202.11829 DOI
“Hastings-Haah Floquet code”, The Error Correction Zoo (V. V. Albert & P. Faist, eds.), 2022. https://errorcorrectionzoo.org/c/floquet