Also called a serially concatenated code . Stub.
Generalized minimum-distance decoder .
- Irregular repeat-accumulate (IRA) code — IRA codes can be interpreted as serial concatenated codes .
- Binary balanced spherical code — A binary balanced spherical code can be thought of as a concatenation of a constant-weight binary outer code with a shifted and scaled BPSK-like inner code.
- Polyphase code — A polyphase code can be thought of as a concatenation of a \(q\)-ary outer code with a PSK inner code.
- G. D. Forney, Jr (1966). Concatenated Codes. MIT Press, Cambridge, MA.
- A. Barg and G. Zemor, “Concatenated Codes: Serial and Parallel”, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 51, 1625 (2005) DOI
- G. Forney, “Generalized minimum distance decoding”, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 12, 125 (1966) DOI
- S. Benedetto et al., “Serial concatenation of interleaved codes: performance analysis, design, and iterative decoding”, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 44, 909 (1998) DOI
Page edit log
- Victor V. Albert (2022-03-22) — most recent
“Concatenated code”, The Error Correction Zoo (V. V. Albert & P. Faist, eds.), 2022. https://errorcorrectionzoo.org/c/concatenated