Spacetime code (STC)
Code designed for wireless transmission of information (via, e.g., radio waves) such that the sender can send multiple times from multiple locations. A spacetime code uses a modulation scheme to encode a message into signals that are sent at different times through different antennas, thereby utilizing both spatial and temporal (i.e., spacetime) degrees of freedom.
Shannon capacity of various multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) channels has been determined .
- Spacetime block code (STBC) — Spacetime codes also use spatial and temporal diversity, but do not necessarily use blocks as codewords.
- Homological bosonic code — Homological CV codes have been considered in the context of spacetime replication of quantum data [5,6], while STCs are designed to replicate classical data.
- Codeword stabilized (CWS) code — CWS codes have been considered in the context of spacetime replication of quantum data [5,6], while STCs are designed to replicate classical data.
- V. Tarokh, N. Seshadri, and A. R. Calderbank, “Space-time codes for high data rate wireless communication: performance criterion and code construction”, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 44, 744 (1998) DOI
- A. Goldsmith et al., “Capacity limits of MIMO channels”, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications 21, 684 (2003) DOI
- B. Clerckx and C. Oestges, “From Multi-Dimensional Propagation to Multi-Link MIMO Channels”, Mimo Wireless Networks 29 (2013) DOI
- F. Oggier, "Spacetime Coding." Concise Encyclopedia of Coding Theory (Chapman and Hall/CRC, 2021) DOI
- P. Hayden and A. May, “Summoning information in spacetime, or where and when can a qubit be?”, Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical 49, 175304 (2016) arXiv:1210.0913 DOI
- P. Hayden et al., “Spacetime replication of continuous variable quantum information”, New Journal of Physics 18, 083043 (2016) arXiv:1601.02544 DOI
Page edit log
- Victor V. Albert (2022-04-21) — most recent
“Spacetime code (STC)”, The Error Correction Zoo (V. V. Albert & P. Faist, eds.), 2022. https://errorcorrectionzoo.org/c/spacetime