Root code for the Bosonic/analog c-q Kingdom
Bosonic code designed for transmission of classical information through non-classical channels.
The Holevo capacity has been calculated for various bosonic quantum channels [1–3] such as the lossy bosonic channel  or quantum AGWN . The energy-constrained capacity of the noiseless bosonic c-q channel is finite due to quantum effects [6,7], while the Shannon capacity can be infinite. Gordon was the first to calculate such capacities (in a published work) for a specific case [8–10], and a related discussion is given by Forney .
- Bosonic code — Bosonic c-q codes are bosonic codes designed to transmit classical information.
- J. H. Shapiro, “The Quantum Theory of Optical Communications”, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics 15, 1547 (2009) DOI
- K. Banaszek et al., “Quantum Limits in Optical Communications”, Journal of Lightwave Technology 38, 2741 (2020) arXiv:2002.05766 DOI
- A. S. Holevo, “Quantum Systems, Channels, Information”, (2019) DOI
- V. Giovannetti et al., “Classical Capacity of the Lossy Bosonic Channel: The Exact Solution”, Physical Review Letters 92, (2004) arXiv:quant-ph/0308012 DOI
- V. Giovannetti et al., “Ultimate classical communication rates of quantum optical channels”, Nature Photonics 8, 796 (2014) arXiv:1312.6225 DOI
- H. P. Yuen and M. Ozawa, “Ultimate information carrying limit of quantum systems”, Physical Review Letters 70, 363 (1993) DOI
- C. M. Caves and P. D. Drummond, “Quantum limits on bosonic communication rates”, Reviews of Modern Physics 66, 481 (1994) DOI
- J. P. Gordon, in Advances in Quantum Electronics edited by J. R. Singer (Columbia University, New York, 1961), p. 509
- J. Gordon, “Quantum Effects in Communications Systems”, Proceedings of the IRE 50, 1898 (1962) DOI
- J.P. Gordon, in Quantum Electronics and Coherent Light, Proceedings of the International School of Physics "Enrico Fermi," Course XXXI, edited by PA. Miles (Academic, New York, 1964), p. 156.
- G.D. Forney, Jr., S.M. thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1963 (unpublished).
Page edit log
“Bosonic c-q code”, The Error Correction Zoo (V. V. Albert & P. Faist, eds.), 2023. https://errorcorrectionzoo.org/c/bosonic_classical_into_quantum